Happy weekend, you guys! It’s been a minute since I did one of these, so I have lots of goodies to share. I’m in a fantastic mood because I had a wonderful date with my son yesterday, fall is coming, and my book due out in May officially has a title. Yay! It feels like a real book! I love it and can’t wait to share it soon. Here’s what else has been going on around here:
The 2016 ACFW was a whirlwind! I’m still processing it but plan to post a recap of what I learned soon. The most important thing you need to know: I got to spend time with my sisters, including celebrating Jaime’s 40th birthday with literally the best meal of our lives. I loved seeing them and getting the chance to pitch my books, connect and reconnect with my writerly people, and learn lots!
I made Boyfriend Bait Cookies from the I Heart Naptime cookbook. Picture a chocolate chip cookie loaded with M&Ms, ground oats and blitzed milk chocolate. So delicious! You must make them for the people you love immediately!
Two things happened this past Saturday. First, we were awakened by a pretty sizeable earthquake here in Oklahoma, which was memorialized by the National Weather Service accordingly. Oh, Mylanta…
Here are my kids comforting each other right after it happened. It was the strongest and longest one I’ve ever felt!
Second, college football made a dramatic return! The most wonderful time of the year! My team celebrated by going into double overtime, winning on this play. I literally have. no. chill. about college football!
I am, on the other hand, trying to add a little chill to my morning routine. Prepping the necessary things the night before and getting in the right mindset to start the day before the kids wake up is a huge game-changer! In an ideal world, I could get work and some exercise in without having to scramble to school on time, but baby steps!
My planning woes seem to be solved. I have found a bullet journaling system that I absolutely adore. It helps me track cleaning, selah, and workouts in a way that works and is much less…disheartening for an unpredictable schedule than other layouts. Thanks to my new bullet journal crush, The Bullet Journal Addict! I have been geeking out over her gorgeous layouts!
<< link love >>
- Adding these Pumpkin Cheesecake Snickerdoodles from The Recipe Critic to my fall bucket list. Making a fall bucket list just for them.
- How to support our favorite blogs and podcasts better from Penelope Loves Lists.
- Here’s a Tulsa People article highlighting the fantastic work of Launch Outreach and strong women emerging from the Manna House in Tulsa. So, so honored to know them and witness this work personally!
- Check out The Prodigal Sisters Podcast, launched this week by one of my favorite women, Brett W. Tubbs and her friend. I loved the first episode and can’t wait for more!
<< in case you missed it >>
- On The Writer’s Alley this week: “If you’ve been trusted with a story that makes your bones ache and keeps you awake at night…yet it doesn’t seem feasible, logical, saleable on paper — write it anyway.”
- The second installment of Why I Love My 30s: On pink lipstick and being comfortable in my own skin.
- Inspired by Annie F. Downs, I am celebrating the sacred practice of the Jesus Party in my life. (Think “quiet time” but not necessarily quiet.)
- Things in the editing cave can get snarky from time to time. But I love it!
What’s on deck for you this weekend? I will break from the editing cave to go on a belated birthday date with my husband tonight and watch some college football this weekend.
Do you follow college football, or are you more of a books and Netflix kind of person? I think I’m both 🙂