How are the weeks flying by so quickly? I have no idea! As you will see, I’ve been very boring this week with client projects to work on + spending lots of time with my little family! To me, boring is never a bad thing. So here goes.
<< I’m currently >>
enjoying perfect spring evening walks with my little family
The tree in this picture, when we were walking up to it, looked rose gold because of the way the sun was filtering through the white blooms next to it. Wish I could have captured that in a way that did it justice with my measly little phone!
loving the work I get to do every day…
…even if it can get a little crazy sometimes. is that a theme around here?
trying to add a little fancy here and there to make even a Wednesday lunch with my kids more special
fitting in some reading…
…in the middle of taxes and other adulty things!
plus somehow watching…
The Mindy Project on Hulu when my brain is crammed to capacity and needs a little reprieve. Enough people told
harassed me it would be the perfect show for me, so I tried it and can’t quit it as a little refresh button for my brain. Confession: I can confidently say that 94% of why I stayed is because Mindy’s nurse Morgan makes me wheeze-laugh.
<< link love >>
- I don’t care who you are or what you’re currently eating or eliminating, you need a good chocolate chip cookie recipe that unites all people and soothes all that ails. This one from Bakerella has been my go-to for years. My daughter and I made them this week when her friend came over to play, and they are magical.
- Loved this article from Canva on font pairing in their newsletter. For one, if you don’t have Photoshop and are not using Canva to make images for your social media and online marketing, you need to check them out now! And use this article as a guide for professional looking images. It has exactly what I’ve been looking for to take my online marketing game to the next level!
- My feedly might self-combust for being way behind on my blog reading this week, but my inner Hermione Granger geeked out at these 12 dozen places to educate yourself FO FREE, compiled by Marc & Angel Hack Life!
- I also was floored by this post on getting dumped from Bob Goff on the Storyline blog. Love him! >> “God’s grace comes in all shapes, sizes, and circumstances as God continues to unfold something magnificent in me.” YES!
<< in case you missed it >>
- I wrote THE END on my third manuscript this week and threw a party! Still lots of work before it’s ready, but just having the bones of a story in place (for now) feels so good!
- On Tuesday, I’ll be sharing my self-editing checklist on The Writer’s Alley — unless a more timely topic hijacks my plans.
- I’m also compiling an April Reads post that will go up at some point next week, along with my manifesto for this blog, if I ever figure out what that looks like 🙂
YAAAAY you’re watching Mindy!!!!!!! Isn’t it amazing? The new season comes out in a little less than a week and I cannot wait.
Also–thanks/no thanks. Now I am craving chocolate chip cookies and we don’t have a single thing in the house aaaand its snowing. *facedesk*