525,600 minutes. How do you measure the life of a woman or a man? (Two points if you started singing that song.)
2016 was a doozy for many of us. But I think it’s important to remember the good that happened and take it with us. Here are my favorite highlights and discoveries from the year:
- My first book contract in June!
- Realizing that rest/selah is important than hustle
- Too many firsts and memories with my children to name
- Learning how much I didn’t know about justice and developing a passion for reconciliation and rehabilitation
- Exploring one of my new favorite cities (Seattle) with my husband
- Eating the best meal of my life at Silo in Nashville with my sisters
- Listening to Allen Arnold speak at the OKC Christian Fiction Writers Conference
- Lake weekend retreat for quiet and writing
- The Olympics. What? I was really into them!
- Reading under an umbrella next to the ocean with my husband in Playa del Carmen
- Celebrating my sisters’ book releases!
Favorite 2016 discoveries:
- Trader Joe’s in Tulsa (!!!) + their arugula pizza + Tahitian vanilla caramels
- Bullet journaling
- The zen of deleting Facebook from one’s phone!
- Hand lettering videos on Instagram
- Rediscovering my love of reading
- Instant Pot = gamechanger!
- The Quill for novel composition
- How much easier it is to wash dishes with the help of podcasts
- Google Keep
- That my hair apparently wants to be wavy now (Whaaaat?)
- A peaceful trail by my daughter’s school for morning walks with my cub
- Spindrift Sparkling Water
- Shawarma + cider
- Tombow Dual Brush Pens
- Little Free Libraries!
- The calm of coloring and painting
A good sign? Feeling like I’m forgetting something!
What will you remember the most about 2016? I’m still trying to narrow down all of the wonderful books and movies from this year, so I will have to share more later this week!