Happy mid-November, friends! The high is in the 50s here after topping off at 85 yesterday, so I am wishing hot cocoa and campfire coziness on all the land! I’m back in the editing cave, finishing final edits on my May release…
But not before escaping to Playa del Carmen, Mexico, for a glorious few days with my husband! It was our first beach vacation with no kids since 2009 — nothing but reading a few feet from the ocean all day, exploring the city with ice cream cones at night, and finishing my novella at this amazing #beddesk on our balcony with the ocean waves as a soundtrack.
This spa cave may or may not have been involved too. I seriously stayed in there for a few hours because I didn’t want it to end and knew moving there forever wasn’t a viable option. But you know what? This is how I’m going to envision my proverbial editing cave. So if you need me, this is where I’ll be!
It’s a good thing we had a few days to get that ocean chill in our bones, because real life hit hard with deadlines and stomach bugs and Daylight Savings sleep regressions when we came home. Things are finally back to normal … we hope. At least the natives are cute.
And some of our neighborhood trees are changing colors. Better late than never!
<< link love >>
- This family-friendly sparkling cranberry punch from Taste & Tell will be gracing all of our holiday tables this year. It’s magical, tasty, beautiful and a great way to invite some fancy to the party, even if you can’t cook to save your life!
- Emily P. Freeman puts into words the way the Gospel shows up in ways we least expect. Love this image she created!
- 19 Beautiful Bookstores You Need to Visit in America. New bucket list item created! I’ve already checked off six.
- So many books, so little time! This article from Paper Fury is hilarious and pretty much sums up my life: “How to Control Your TBR Pile and Stay Alive“
<< in case you missed it >>
- I was up on The Writer’s Alley this week with some gorgeous instrumental mixes to fuel your work!
- Here’s my book review of The Promise of Rayne by Nicole Deese, who has become one of my very favorites.
- Be on the lookout for more book recommendations that I read on the beach, some big news about my upcoming release, and a few announcements for 2017!
Back to the editing cave I go with 7 days until deadline! What are you working on, and more importantly, how are you relaxing this week?