Hi, friends! Is anybody else really glad it’s Friday? This is where I am this morning:
I know oatmeal is probably the most unphotogenic breakfast, but after a lifetime of hectic mornings, I’m grateful for a slow, lazy one. I’m going to post a monthly update and my goals for March next week, but one of my favorite things about February was my morning makeover. I’ve been waking up before my kids to get stuff done and have a slow breakfast with a giant glass of lemon water. It’s made all the difference in my day. 🙂
My schedule has been somewhat unpredictable, so I have been using block scheduling to get things done and setting aside chunks of time to do them. (Like naptime!) As always, the 15-minute drill has also been my lifesaver. It’s amazing how much you can get done in one episode of Mickey Mouse if you focus on one thing at a time. I’m currently working on an editing job, writing a proposal of new book ideas for my editor, preparing for my book launches, and training for a 5K. Life is full and happy 🙂
This week I got to meet singer-songwriter-podcaster Christy Nockels, whose music and gentle spirit have been instrumental since I was a tween, pretty sure. But her Glorious in the Mundane podcast has been especially encouraging to listen to as I clean my house 🙂
- Apartment Therapy has the best lists, and they definitely don’t miss the mark with 13 Cute and Clever Things Voracious Readers Will Love.
- I want to make Post-it notes of these Bible verses and put them all over my home!
- Oh, my. I need this gorgeous unicorn cake from 100 Layer Cake in my life.
Have you heard of Craig Groeschel, pastor of Life Church and recognized leadership influencer? I love the biblical concept of renewing your mind, and he posted the personal declarations he says every morning to start his day in the right frame of mind.
- Tired of PB & J sandwiches? Try these delicious grown-up lunchable ideas (that my kids would totally like, too)!
<in case you missed it>
- The novella collection I’m part of releases next week, so things around here have been a giant pre-release party! Here’s the book page with the playlist, the story behind the story, and all the behind-the-scenes info about That’s When I Knew!
- On The Writer’s Alley this week, I shared what I learned from writing my novella, celebrated the writing community, and shared a sneak peek!
- The lovelies of Coffee Cups & Camisoles posted our interview today!