I will never pretend to have any chill about fall. Even though I’m still wearing soccer shorts and drinking breakfast smoothies here in Oklahoma, it’s OU/Texas weekend, I put a new fall-ish doormat out, and the pumpkin patch is open for the season! At least the smell of fireplace on my 85-degree walk through the neighborhood makes me feel like I’m not the only delusional one 🙂 Here are my favorite things lately:
* Fall flowers and baby pumpkins from Trader Joe’s, pretty much the extent of my decorating skills, only $7 total, and conveniently located right in the middle of my morning routine!
* This gorgeous and artful fall bucket list from AP Letters. You’d better believe I will check off every box.
* Currently reading: All Made Up by Kara Isaac. Don’t miss this stunning reunion romance, my new favorite book from one of my favorite authors/friends/people to share room service creme brulee with.
* If you’re a woman and have any creative inclination in your body, I’m STILL thinking about the Collaboration episode on The Next Right Thing podcast. I even copied her Wholehearted Creative checklist from the transcript and printed it off to keep by my desk. Short, sweet, and full of powerful truth!
* #1 on my wishlist: this Stars Hollow Fall Festival T-shirt from Chalk Full of Love.
* Several mugs per day of The Republic of Tea’s Hot Apple Cider herbal tea. Get in my belly.
* Current nonfiction read: One of my favorite podcaster/speaker/ writer/storytellers, Annie F. Downs, just released her latest book, Remember God. I just finished listening to it, and wow. I cannot adequately express how much this book meant to me. She talks about hope, disappointment, seasons of wilderness, the nature of God, and ends with this prayer that left me a changed (crying) woman: “I would do it ALL again for who I’ve found You to be.”
* It’s not fall without soup, and your tomato soup needs these Grilled Cheese Roll-ups for scrumptious dunking.
I told you. It was a lot 🙂 What are you enjoying so far this season?
PS: If you’re not ready to move forward with football and fireplaces, you can get a little dose of summer romance in my new novella, That’s When I Knew. Available on Amazon for 99 cents through the 15th <3