Happy Friday, friends! Did you have a good week? I sure did! Here’s what’s been making me happy this week:
Ever since I hit up that huge sale at Mardel, I have been enjoying the Savor devotional by Shauna Niequist! With an invitation to read and learn and pray and cook and share, it’s right up my alley. Powerful things can happen when you start your day with truth and a good to-do list.
I’m not normally a fresh flowers kind of girl, but I love adding a bouquet of something pretty to my basket at Trader Joe’s. And they are economical enough to justify because they usually only last a few weeks with this black thumb 🙂
My sweet friends have been amazing this week. Some friends from our community group at church brought me a gift bag full of favorites, indulging my sweet tooth with Tuxedo cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory and my color coding addiction with allllll these pretties! I’m so grateful and inspired to love and celebrate others well. <3
Until my edits arrive, I’m working on a brand new project. This is how I envision my hero and heroine, even if my Chelsea is a little older than Kat McNamara the actress. As always, this may change as my authorly mind settles on what’s right for the story. Aren’t they cute? It’s so fun to start a new story for the first time in years!
If I’m honest, my Elton John playlist is making me REALLY happy 🙂 I saw him do car karaoke this week, which set me on my semi-regular Elton kick. Love him! #sorrynotsorrykids
<< link love >>
- Speaking of celebrating well, will somebody please have a birthday so I can make this Pioneer Woman layered strawberry and nutella cake again?
- I loved this provocative, no-punches-pulled read from Frank Powell: “9 Sins the Church Is Surprisingly OK With as Long as You Love Jesus“
- Author Alexandra Kuykendall shared her awesome thoughts on the balance of hustle and peace on Emily P. Freeman’s blog. We could all use a little more peace, couldn’t we?
<< in case you missed it >>
- I shared my huge news on Monday!
- On The Writer’s Alley, I shared how getting the call changes everything but really doesn’t change anything at all, including others’ stories.
- My conference special on promotional materials is still running until July 15!
What’s going on with you this week? Any new discoveries to share?