Everyone take a deep breath! It’s Friday, your doozy of a week is almost over, and hopefully you have a three-day weekend coming up. Can I get an amen? 🙂 Here’s what’s in my mixing bowl this week…
I just saw a t-shirt that said, “I bake so I don’t punch anyone in the throat.” While my baking needs aren’t that intense, it’s my daughter’s love language. We love baking together almost as much as we love surprising people with random cookies on their doorstep. I will include my tried and true recipe in the links below!
I got my first editorial letter back this week (unless you count the first revision request) and experienced first-edit paralysis, which, according to seasoned author friends, is a very normal and real thing. But then I sat my booty in my chair, started typing, and sent ideas back to my editor with nary a moment of overthinking, so that was nice. (And new!) As you can see in the picture, I also switched out my plotting board and put up the first few Post-It Notes for my new project. Love this fun milestone! I will continue to brainstorm and write new scenes during my edits. Working both sides of my brain at the same time seems to be good for both kinds of work. Go figure.
Okay, Oklahoma. We’ve had some glorious sunsets this summer. It’s kind of nice that, even in the middle of a suburbia parking lot, God finds a way to show off. Even when I’m rushing inside the grocery store with 12 minutes left before their cluck & chuck $2.99 meat sale ends, God can take my breath away and remind me to stop and really see.
After looking for the perfect kimono since last summer, I got this one from LaRue Chic Boutique and can’t wait for it to come in the mail! It takes me forever to make a clothing decision, which is why I rarely get new clothes. It was long overdue 🙂
<< link love>>
- As promised, this is the chocolate chip cookie recipe I have been using for years and years. I like to make it with Kerrygold Irish butter and mini-semisweet chocolate chips. It. is. perfect. Bakerella never fails, y’all. Make it this week and give half to someone who could use a smile (it makes 3 dozen).
- I discovered Christa Black Gifford on a podcast and love everything she writes, including the worship songs I never knew she wrote like “One Thing Remains.” Her recent article on worship really resonated with me: Why am I ONLY singing about God on the outside of me, around me, pouring over me—instead of the reality of Him living inside of me? Why am I asking God to set me on fire….when my heart is a FIREBOMB of the Holy Spirit that I can never put out? Check it out, friends!
- Adding some of these novels from Modern Mrs. Darcy’s list to my TBR pile: 9 books you should have read in high school that are totally worth reading now. Some of them, however, I cannot and will not endure a second time. No names mentioned to protect the innocent 🙂
- Last but not least, my sister Brett Tubbs shared an invitation to step out of the hustle for a second, find your space, and be inspired to stay the course. Love her work and everything she’s learning inspires me so much.
<< in case you missed it >>
- I started a series about why I’d pick age 30 over who I was at 20 any time, starting with the friendships. Can’t wait to continue this series next week!
- It’s a new month! I’ll be sharing my July goals + how I won and fell short with my June goals soon!
- Keep an eye out on The Writer’s Alley for my list of recommended writing podcasts! It goes live on Tuesday.
That’s it — a short representation of my special crazy this week! Have a happy long weekend celebrating our great nation.
(Unless you’re international, in which case, just make sure to celebrate for no good reason <3 )