My lovely, sweet Casey Herringshaw tagged me in a 20 Random Questions post. So, since it’s been a minute on my blog and it’s Friday, I thought I’d share my answers!
1. How tall are you?
5’6″ since I was 12 years old. Somewhere in the middle of average, and I’m okay with it.
2. Do you have a hidden talent? If so, what is it?
I like to sing, but that’s not really a secret. So I’m going to go with trashcan basketball. I am oddly good at landing wadded-up trash into a wastebasket from a distance, but only with my left (weak) hand. The more you know.
3. What’s your biggest blog-related pet peeve?
Mine is the opposite of Casey’s. I don’t like it when people feel they have to stick to a schedule so much that they are constantly apologizing for not blogging when life gets in the way. Life > blogging. Every time. I say be consistent, but you have no reason to be sorry when something comes up.
4. What’s your biggest non blog-related pet peeve?
Well, it all sounds kind of silly when I type it out. But I live in Oklahoma, and I don’t like it when people interchange words like “hill” and “heel”. I also don’t like it when people ignore the double verb infinitive rule with the verb “to need”. (When someone says “needs fixed” instead of “needs to be fixed”.)
5. What’s your favorite song?
Ask me again in five minutes. It will probably be different. I’d say my all-time favorite song is “With Everything” by Hillsong. I always go back to it. But right now, the entire You Make Me Brave album by Bethel Worship is getting worn. out. in my Explorer
6. What’s your favorite Etsy shop that isn’t yours?
I’m not on Etsy much, but I love prints and follow a lot of hand-lettering artists on Instagram. I’ve also really been into gold foil lately!
7. What’s your favorite way to spend your free time when you’re alone?
I like reading, watching old shows (i.e. House, MD) on Netflix, and writing or drawing
8. What’s your favorite junk food?
White cheddar popcorn, Tostitos Hint of Lime chips, Trader Joe’s dark chocolate peanut butter cups, and anything with Heath Bar.
9. Do you have a pet or pets? If so, what kind and what are their names?
My favorite animal in the world is our four-year-old yellow Lab, Sampson Hamish. He’s the best dog ever and definitely like our first child.
10. What are your #1 favorite fiction and nonfiction books?
Hard to pick fiction. I’d say the Harry Potter series and the Christy Miller series. Both were most engaging to me and always stick out in my mind! Nonfiction is much easier. The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning changed. my. life.
11. What’s your favorite beauty product?
I am not much of a beauty product girl, but since I’ve grown my nails out, I love Essie nail polish. I also LOVE Philosophy combo bubble bath/shampoo/body wash because they smell like cake and leave the skin oh-so-smooth!
12. When were you last embarrassed? What happened?
Ohmygoodness. It happens so often that I don’t notice anymore. It’s just ingrained in my DNA and part of everyday life.
13. If you could drink one beverage (besides water) for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Diet Dr. Pepper. No, that’s so bad for me. Let’s go with chai tea. Oregon Chai, if we’re really specific.
14. What’s your favorite movie?
Love and Basketball. Yep.
15. What were you in high school: prom queen, nerd, cheerleader, jock, valedictorian, band geek, loner, artist, prep?
I think I was kind of a mix between a choir nerd and drama geek who got good grades and played a few sports.
16. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
My favorite cities are Colorado Springs and Austin. But I wouldn’t complain if, say, a beachfront property in Playa Santa Teresa, Costa Rica fell into my lap
17. PC or Mac?
Mac. But not a Mac snob.
18. Last romantic gesture from a crush, date, boy/girlfriend, spouse?
My husband surprised me with this gorgeous new office this week!
19. Favorite celebrity?
That’s a tricky one. Talent-wise, I love Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner. Plus everything Greg Kinnear has ever done. Oh wait, the question was favorite celebrity not favorite actor. I don’t think I have one.